Dear Morons Who Run This Site

Frank

If you consider it a job so is this then. It's a job at the same pace I'd argue. The only thing with not rewarding TPE for recruiting and making it a job that pays, is your member base can only grow by so much. Whereas if you have an incentive for everyone it actually influences everyone to go out.

Boubabi, You've been told wrong about Green's TPE from recruitment. By a long shot. Also, still not seeing your point about Fantasy. Fantasy rewards the average member about 4 TPE per season, whereas your idea rewards a member 16 TPE per season. How is that balanced?

I will also say, Sportzin hasn't updated their gallery in a long long time. There renders at least in the gallery I've seen only have a limited amount. (In fact we have more).

So you are blaming us for recruiting now? If you think Reddit and hfboards are the only sites out there to use, you need to brach out more. People are just lazy in that regard.

And most of that was received from posting a link or a mass PM on a couple dead sim leagues. 5 minutes worth of work. I think I should be able to do cuts uncapped up to 60 TPE a season.

Wow, thanks for not giving credit where it's due. Actually, I'll have you know that the majority of my recruiting TPE has come from members that I recruited from actual boards that I am at (travhave, Awful) and some I took the intuitive in getting back from the start of the VHL by going out and emailing. The majority of the people in my recruiting thread that were brought here by a single post never even stayed. So I think you need to look at it with some more knowledge on it.

I told you, not everyone have been on the sim league world for 7 years, not everyone is good at that. And you talk about balance when you already have 400+ tpe ? Strange way to brings thing. Of course making render should be rewarding at some points, it's only 12 TPE compare to someone who will do fantasy. It's a balance, we give the website some quality and interesting render and we got rewarded for that, that's is the basic. We give something to the website, we got something in returns.

But anyway, you shouldn't be the person I should try to convince since you already made your mind and you aren't the one who,s taking the decision. I think the league in general may agreed but still, you have your opinion and that's right.

In all the people you have recruited here you have used no more of your time than I would doing one cut (I suck at cuts). If you think 61 TPE a season for recruiting is fair then your opinion on anything TPE related is moot.

To a degree that's incorrect though. If I have one post on the site, posting a recruitment thing isn't really going to work. More times then not I have been on the site for awhile and actually built up enough of a post count with discussions to actually be able to post something. 61 is fair if I am doing it all legal within the rules of the VHL, if you think otherwise your opinion is moot here as well. I'm not hiding the TPE, I'm doing it within what was laid out in the recruitment rules.

Boubabi, I still don't see how it is fair. 16 TPE from cuts per season compared to maybe 4 TPE per season from fantasy. I get what you are saying but I think you picked the wrong thing to compare it too. Yeah I have 400 TPE from doing everything I possibly can to get TPE in regards to what the league has laid out.

Who cares if I'm not the one you think you should have to convince, you still have to lay out a full proof plan. The point of discussion is to find all the kinks. I even was the one who put it in the BOG, blame the other members for not talking about it in there. I'm interested though, what sportzin gallery are you talking about? Because they one I saw was actually pretty mediocre. Link it in your plan, probably better for reference purposes.

You had 370+ after one season x8. You want to be 2500 TPE? Where does it end? Inflation is a huge problem in this league, recruitment TPE needs to be scaled back drastically. Give aways should be small and once a season tops not 3-4. And then you look at some of these update threads and there's 30, 40, 50 TPE in a post with no dates, I am positive some people here are going over the 9 weekly and not being caught.

Well it's not every season that I'll add 75 TPE from carryover, prediction points won't always be that good. Once the recruited people earn 500 TPE, I won't get any more TPE from it. So I think that 2500 number is a tad exaggerated. As an updater I can say that the majority of people here do follow the 9/10 TPE capped rule. Any points that are extra are giveaways and other things. Donations is another huge thing people are getting too.

Look, I'm not arguing against renders earning TPE. I just think some of the comparisons and points were drawn out to make the numbers more appealing to the argument. Boubabi suggested 16 TPE for 16 renders over a season in the VHL. Green in the BOG said 8 renders for 8 TPE uncapped in a season which they can do all at once or spaced out anyway they want. I don't see the problem with Green's suggestion. Thats 64 TPE per career from renders alone, If 8 renders are done by one member and there are 4-5 members doing them, thats 30-40 renders in our gallery per year. Thats the low end of numbers too. 16 TPE per season though is one TPE less than how much one would get to recruit one member and have him reach 500 TPE in his whole career.

8 TPE uncapped for 8 HD Renders/per season (at any point)

compared to

16 TPE uncapped for 16 HD Renders/per season (done 2 each week)

The BOG has brought up capping recruitment points anyways. So if anything is adjusted in that aspect, this whole discussion would have to go under the microscope again.

people will do 8 in one batch and it will be done. That's not the point. If we constantly put 2 new renders every week (that is just 1 member only) it doesn't overload and it generate interest by current member to try those cuts. At the end, to create activity. 

and what the fuck is this 9/10 capped rule ?

and how 40 new renders in 2 months is low ? lol

Edited by boubabi

people will do 8 in one batch and it will be done. That's not the point. If we constantly put 2 new renders every week (that is just 1 member only) it doesn't overload and it generate interest by current member to try those cuts. At the end, to create activity. 

and what the fuck is this 9/10 capped rule ?

9 TPE per week in the VHL, 10 TPE per week in the VHLM.

16 TPE per season though is one TPE less than how much one would get to recruit one member and have him reach 500 TPE in his whole career.

You just validated everything I am saying. One member brings in more than 16 hours of work. Do we see problem now vanker?

If you want to discuss something, why throw out jabs?

You give the chance of having 8 more TPE to inactive member (with the welfare upgrade) but giving 16 tpe to active member is a big deal ?

Nice way to reward activity

Plus, doing a freaking team logo for the site gives 3 tpe but a futur inactive 100 tpe player give 5 tpe ? Interesting.

Edited by boubabi

9 TPE per week in the VHL, 10 TPE per week in the VHLM.

I wish people would stop describing it like this.  It's 9 TPE for everyone at all times.  However, VHLM Practice Facility is 1 uncapped point every week.  Saying it's 10 for VHLMers implies that they could get the 10th point in lieu of VHLM Practice, but that is false.  This would be like saying "Oh, the weekly cap on TPE is 13/week because you can technically earn 4 TPE in the Fantasy Zone every week."

As for everything else, I didn't read all of the third page because it's just you four fighting about some shit, so I'm just going to wait that out.  I didn't mind boubabi's proposal.

I wish people would stop describing it like this.  It's 9 TPE for everyone at all times.  However, VHLM Practice Facility is 1 uncapped point every week.  Saying it's 10 for VHLMers implies that they could get the 10th point in lieu of VHLM Practice, but that is false.  This would be like saying "Oh, the weekly cap on TPE is 13/week because you can technically earn 4 TPE in the Fantasy Zone every week."

As for everything else, I didn't read all of the third page because it's just you four fighting about some shit, so I'm just going to wait that out.  I didn't mind boubabi's proposal.

Nobody is fighting, this is all legit discussion.

Plus, lets say having 96approx TPE on a 8 years career (which is like 1 year and a half) will give us the chance to have a legitimate break at one point in our career (exam week, vacation, family problems) So if we aren't on the website at one point, we will not be that much far behind and force us to recreate.

And if we didn't need a break at one point, the difference will be a 1100 TPE player compare to a 1196 TPE player

not much of a big deal

Edited by boubabi

Why not something like this...

First cut earns you 1 capped tpe

Next 2 cuts earn you 1 uncapped tpe

So 3 cuts gets you 1 capped and 1 uncapped tpe...

Thoughts?

Gotta be some middle ground. 

The cut gallery would be a huge plus for this sites Graphic member base. 

I helped Boubabi update it today with what we have already but we definitely could use a lot more. 

Well if love to hear your thoughts on recruitment TPE in that case. I mean I'm certainly not doing 3 cuts for 1 TPE uncapped when I can take that 3 hours and translate it into 50 recruitment points.

:lol:   :rolleyes:

Yeah right. 3 cuts for 1 is WAY too much work imo. Cutting a render with hair,skates and gloves can take like an hour.

I still think that 2 for 2 is the middle ground to something interesting vs effort put

Edited by boubabi