Dear Morons Who Run This Site

Frank

don't count on me to do a 40 minutes+ cut for 1capped TPE :P

Don't count on the league to hand out TPE left, right and centre though. There has to be some give both ways, can't simply expect tons every time. I've explained this several times.

I'll agree that a cut is harder to do than a Fan590, but we are already looking at inflation as an issue. Uncapped TPE is hardly what I think we'd hand out. However bumping it up so you get 2 TPE per one cut per week may be fine. That is probably fair value. 

yeah there should be less uncapped TPE, am I right?

I know what you saying here, if you think cutting out recruitment progresses this league at all, you are crazy. They are asking for uncapped TPE in the 4+ per week region, over an entire season thats more than recruitment rewards which are an entire career.

Can I or someone else who is willing to update this be given access. A lot of cuts aren't in there...

I would if given access

Edited by Excel

Here my first proposition : 2 HD renders approved by me for 2 uncapped.

People claiming that cannot claim the any Fantasy pts during the week. If a normal VHL season is 8 weeks, it's 16 more TPE per season, which is not much. Lets say someone doesn't do cuts and we say that we approx win 3 to 4 TPE per season with the Fantasy pts, it's only 12 more TPE.

On a 8 seasons career, it's 96 more TPE which is not much (for a contribution of 128 renders (yes 128)) and  since Richardson (Kendrick) have already claimed 50 tpe from recruiting and Green approx 100 TPE already, it's nothing.

Everyone has their own specialties, I'm not good at recruiting people, but it shouldn't be a reason to stay behind in gaining TPE. Everyone can do cuts, it doesn't take any kind of originality. It only takes times.

You don't have Photoshop ? Well, GIMP is a free software and it's really easy to do cuts with it. I already made tons of cut with GIMP. Plus, I'll propose myself to do a video tutorial on how to cut pictures properly so everyone has their chance.

And to prevent any flaws, I'll be sure that people won't claim renders that aren't made by them. I hope I was somewhat clear in my explications.

But that's only my opinion. You are free to disagree with it.

Edited by boubabi

Here my first proposition : 2 HD renders approved by me for 2 uncapped.

People claiming that cannot claim the any Fantasy pts during the week. If a normal VHL season is 8 weeks, it's 16 more TPE per season, which is not much. Lets say someone doesn't do cuts and we say that we approx win 3 to 4 TPE per season with the Fantasy pts, it's only 12 more TPE.

On a 8 seasons career, it's 96 more TPE which is not much since Richardson (Kendrick) have already claimed 50 tpe from recruiting and Green approx 100 TPE already.

Everyone has their own specialties, I'm not good at recruiting people, but it shouldn't be a reason to stay behind in gaining TPE. Everyone can do cuts, it doesn't take any kind of originality. It only takes times.

You don't have Photoshop ? Well, GIMP is a free software and it's really easy to do cuts with it. I already made tons of cut with GIMP. Plus, I'll propose myself to do a video tutorial on how to cut pictures properly so everyone has their chance.

And to prevent any flaws, I'll be sure that people won't claim renders that aren't made by them. I hope I was somewhat clear in my explications.

But that's only my opinion. You are free to disagree with it.

I agree with some of this but not all.

You said you aren't good at recruiting, which can be a fair point. You said everyone can do cuts, which is false. Not everyone has the ability too, nor does everyone have a program to do so. Some aren't using their own computer and therefore can't even get GIMP.

VHL Fantasy thing is nice, except it's about a 20% occurrence that the average member even wins in Fantasy. This way you are guaranteeing TPE to people whereas the Fantasy is a crapshoot at times. Green has claimed 100 TPE from recruitment? I doubt it.

I get it, renders aren't easy. But you are making it sound like anyone and anything can cut a render and claim more points than someone who does Fantasy every week. Which is mostly false. BTW recruiting is not guaranteed TPE, the person does have to do something. Ex. I've recruited about 12 guys who haven't even reached 50 TPE, I get nothing for that. Only the ones who are now huge members here do I actually gain from.

You said everyone can do cuts, which is false. (I truly believe that if you put some time in it, everyone can do cuts. It's doesn't take any creativity, it's only clicking. But it takes time, of course)

Some aren't using their own computer and therefore can't even get GIMP. ( That is a small minority of people. )

VHL Fantasy thing is nice, except it's about a 20% occurrence that the average member even wins in Fantasy. (That's why I said they usually win 3 to 4 TPE in a season. So, the impact is less (12 TPE a season for 16 renders)

This way you are guaranteeing TPE to people whereas the Fantasy is a crapshoot at times. Green has claimed 100 TPE from recruitment? I doubt it. (That's what I've been told)

I get it, renders aren't easy. (It's easy, it only takes a good amount of time)

But you are making it sound like anyone and anything can cut a render and claim more points than someone who does Fantasy every week. (This is the point. If someone puts at least 1h30 plus hour every week to help creating a nice gallery, they should be rewarded. Fantasy takes approx 3 sec to quote someone. Of course it need to pay more at some point. Sportzin has 6300 members in 8 years and trust me, most of them is because of their cut gallery. It doesn't even need an account to get those render but people heard about some good GFX people who were on the site so they register. It creates a huge amount of traffic.)

Which is mostly false. BTW recruiting is not guaranteed TPE. (Maybe it's not guaranteed but you and green already took the biggest recruitment sites already (hfboards, reddit, other sim league, etc.). People won't spam these website again because we don't want to look like stupid spammers (You saw with the number of thumbs down our VHL post received and some SHL post too because they were spamming))

I agree with some of this but not all.

You said you aren't good at recruiting, which can be a fair point. You said everyone can do cuts, which is false. Not everyone has the ability too, nor does everyone have a program to do so. Some aren't using their own computer and therefore can't even get GIMP.

VHL Fantasy thing is nice, except it's about a 20% occurrence that the average member even wins in Fantasy. This way you are guaranteeing TPE to people whereas the Fantasy is a crapshoot at times. Green has claimed 100 TPE from recruitment? I doubt it.

I get it, renders aren't easy. But you are making it sound like anyone and anything can cut a render and claim more points than someone who does Fantasy every week. Which is mostly false. BTW recruiting is not guaranteed TPE, the person does have to do something. Ex. I've recruited about 12 guys who haven't even reached 50 TPE, I get nothing for that. Only the ones who are now huge members here do I actually gain from.

Basically the recruitment points here are out of hand, you got 61 in a season by my count times that by 8 seasons = Fucking redic. Recruiting is a job or should be, if you claim 3 or 5 in a week you shouldn't be able to add job points. Weekly cap if you're certain people 20, the rest of us 9

Edited by Bushito

• Senior Admin

Basically the recruitment points here are out of hand, you got 61 in a season by my count times that by 8 seasons = Fucking redic

61? Not to downplay the importance of recruiting, but holy shit.