VHLM This Week (September 28, 2014)

Jala

QsRd00z.png

Welcome to :vhlm: VHLM This Week.

TPE Earners

First off, the awards predictions claim is out now.

Check out the Fantasy Zone. There are two zones, the VHLM version and the VHL version.

*Anyone can join the VHL fantasy zone, only VHLMers can join the VHLM zone. So go on and jump into both to try and double your gains!*

Most weeks both zones will only have 2 options for you. a) Pick 'em. You are given 4 games and you choose the winners of those 4 games. If you choose correctly and all 4 teams you chose are winners, you are awarded +1 TPE. b.) Predict the score. You are given 1 game and you must choose the winner and the final score. If you are right, you get awarded +3 TPE.

Announcements

There have been some rule changes that affect the VHLM. Some of the changes include all teams having a 50 TPE CPU back-up and some free agency adjustments. Check out the full announcment here.

The S39 VHL(M) awards were announced. Check out who won some hardware.

The VHL has their Instagram account up and running. Just for following with your account, you get +1 TPE. Simply follow them and then post in the thread. There's also a two PT opportunities you can take a look at in the thread. Good to see social media expanding for the league.

Round 4 of the GFX Tourney was announced today. It is a head-to-head competition with pre-selected renders. Should be interesting to see what these great artists can produce.

Media

Here are some media spots and Fan590s I was looking at I thought you guys might find to be funny or a good read.

Ricky Bobby goes over his off-season. I uh, what.

New member Fedor Orkranitz does an interview where he shares his thoughts on getting drafted to the Yukon Rush.

Edition 49 of On the Rise is out, the mag crew works really hard on it so make sure you check it out if you aren't.

You can check out all the weekly updates in media or fan590s.

Graphics

We'll take a quick look at some signatures. These are all made by users and we think these are really well done and recommend you check them out and other submitted sigs on ideas on how to make your own better.

Harumpf submitted his first attempt with sigs, we think it looks great and look forward to more from him.

New member Kitras created this simple sig. Despite it being simple we think it looks cool and want to see more from him.

There's a ton of sigs in the sig tourney, check it out. You can also vote for your favourite one.

Lots of other that are worth checking out in the graphics section.

Games

Pre-season should start today, and regular season is scheduled for tommorow, but nothing's set in stone.

VHLM Player Spotlight

This week we did an interview with noobsfan19, I mean Jarome Iginla of the Saskatoon Wild.

Are you excited about another year in Saskatoon?

Quite excited. I wasn't actually active during the beginning of last season, and when I did I was playing with a 40 TPE build that sucked a lot. So with 170 ish TPE, I am looking forward to tearing up the league!

How do you think the Wild will do this season?

With the loss of Mason Richardson, we need key guys to step up, but Jakobssen and I can take that role, so we should fair the same as last season. Hopefully further in playoffs though. 

Do you think you'll take a bigger role on the team as you're entering another season?

For sure, I feel I will be relied on for production this season. Hoping to break the 100 point barrier this season. 

Are you going to try and push for the VHL for next season?

You bet I am. This should be my final season in the VHLM.

Anything else to add?

Riggsy AKA King Czar III is overrated and STZ should trade him right away.

Edited by jaladolar

Are we supposed to try to guess who the interview is with? :P

The interview is with all of us. you replace the blades with whoever you play for, it's a cool concept i'm trying out.

The interview is with all of us. you replace the blades with whoever you play for, it's a cool concept i'm trying out.

So every team is going to have a Rami Jakobssen playing for them? Okay!

Edited by Streetlight