Season 40 Hall of Fame Tournament

Victor

• Admin

Hello! The second announcement of the 40th anniversary VHL celebrations is here!

A while back I posted a 590 which listed teams of Hall of Famers based on their generations. I then posted that it might be a cool idea to hold a tournament between the S18 era and the post-S18 era. Since it was my idea, I have since managed to implement it. Glorious! So, who's involved?

---

S18 era

Jardy Bunclewirth - Markus Strauss - Cam Fowler
Jukka Hakkinen - Lars Berger - Anton Brekker
Tarik Saeijs - Phil Gerrard - Mathias Chouinard*

Adam Schultz - Japinder Singh
James Bencharski - David Walcott

Aidan Shaw
Daisuke Kanou
Jakob Kjeldsen*

* - Not inducted into Hall of Fame

Post-S18 era

Tukka Reikkinen - Leeroy Jenkins - Pavel Koradek
Volodymyr Rybak - Alexander Chershenko - Jarvis Baldwin
David Smalling - Phil Rafter - Ansgar Snijider

Daniel Braxton - Ryan Sullivan
Mitch Higgins* - Clark Marcellin*

Alexander Labatte
CAL G
Benjamin Glover

* - Not inducted into Hall of Fame

---

More in-depth information about the players involved will be coming your way shortly in a specially designed subforum in the Hall of Fame section. I also intend to use my doubles historical Media Spot to profile this tournament.

The tournament will be a best-of-seven series starting on Monday, with one game simmed every day by our own Mitch Higgins. In before the post-S18 team wins.

Furthermore, we're going to experiment with live play-by-plays for this tournament, i.e. post-by-post text commentary of the game based on the sim file. Let me know in this thread or through PM or IM if you are interested in doing this. Ideally, these would be done later in the day, so in the hours starting about now, after Higgins sims in the mornings. And yes, TPE will be had from doing PBPs.

---

If you are a newer member you will hopefully enjoy learning and seeing some of the greatest players in VHL history or more specifically in the past 20ish seasons. If you're involved with one or even two players, well you should definitely love this.

:cheers::vhl: