VHLM This Week (September 14, 2014)

Jala

QsRd00z.png

Welcome to :vhlm: VHLM This Week.

TPE Earners

First up, let's review the less known ways or ways that are currently modified due to events this coming week to earn TPE.

Smarch recently posted up the S39 VHLM Achievement Tracker. This is now open for claims, and make sure you go and do it before the VHL playoffs end as it's essentially free TPE for you. The cap for the TPE gained from this is +20 TPE.

*I came up with a spreadsheet that will help you calculate your max TPE gains more effectively. You can find it here. You do have to download it to use it, but follow the simple instructions and no more pen and papering it to figure it out. :)*

Check out the Fantasy Zone. There are two zones, the VHLM version and the VHL version.

*Anyone can join the VHL fantasy zone, only VHLMers can join the VHLM zone. So go on and jump into both to try and double your gains!*

Most weeks both zones will only have 2 options for you. a) Pick 'em. You are given 4 games and you choose the winners of those 4 games. If you choose correctly and all 4 teams you chose are winners, you are awarded +1 TPE. b.) Predict the score. You are given 1 game and you must choose the winner and the final score. If you are right, you get awarded +3 TPE.

Sometimes the fantasy zones will have leagues or tournaments on. The football fantasy league completed it's draft and is heading into weekly play. It's too late to get into this league, but keep your eyes peeled for a fantasy hockey league that's bound to happen pretty quick here.

As we head onto announcements, I just realized there is another way to get your TPE!

Announcements

VHL Season 40 Celebration is under way! Get your double week MS or GFX credit by doing something related to the history of the league. Check out all the details in the announcement.

The VHL has their Instagram account up and running. Just for following with your account, you get +1 TPE. Simply follow them and then post in the thread. There's also a two PT opportunities you can take a look at in the thread. Good to see social media expanding for the league.

There have been some rule changes that affect the VHLM. Some of the changes include all teams having a 50 TPE CPU back-up and some free agency adjustments. Check out the full announcment here.

There's a graphic tournament starting up and you have time to get your submissions in for round 3's deadline of September 20. Round 3 is going to be using 'trippy' tactics, so check it out and throw one in. Round 2 voting is already up so go cast votes for who you think has the best grunge sig.

Finally, the VHLM Draft Lottery was decided, you can find the results (*cough* Bratislava jebus *cough*) in the announcment.

Ok, enough of the boring TPE gaining and announcements!

Media

Here are some media spots and Fan590s I was looking at I thought you guys might find to be funny or a good read.

Oskars Harumpf recaps the Saskatoon Wild winning game 7 of their playoff round against the Blades. Great to see from the player's perspective.

Brampton GM, Terence Fong, shares his thoughts on the Blades' season as he looks back on it. A great read.

A piece on the VHLM dispersal draft, Draper goes over some good picks that look to get moved around the VHLM.

You can check out all the weekly updates in media or fan590s.

Graphics

We'll take a quick look at some signatures. These are all made by users and we think these are really well done and recommend you check them out and other submitted sigs on ideas on how to make your own better.

This one by Paramoise has a great look to it, lots of effects going on and it has a cool colour scheme to it.

There's a ton of sigs in the sig tourney, check it out. You can also vote for your favourite one.

Lots of other that are worth checking out in the graphics section.

Games

lBqBbWC.png

The playoffs are officially on! The playoff bracket is shaping up like this.

LjhJu9y.png

VHLM Player Spotlight

Got no interest from last weeks, so we're going to skip this bit this week.

Edited by jaladolar

So for player spotlights, players come to you, or do you go to them for an interview?

Either or, I've had some come to me, I've asked some. Last week I wanted people to submit a quick "high point/low point" of their seasons, and got 0 responses, so I scrapped that for this week.