2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

AIM-11 will be attending Oilers home opener.  Hoping to see Johnny Hockey in the lineup.  Hoping Luke Gadzic punches him in the balls and injures him for the season.

What do you think of their jumbotron ? A bit overweight but I heard that she has a nice processor.

I simply cannot wait for Canucks hockey to come back. I don't expect them to go far or anything, but they will probably make the playoffs at least. Lots of new faces, with Miller, Bonino, Sbisa, Vey, Dorsett, and Vrbata joining.

Also excited for the season in general. Curious how the Caps will do with Trotz and if Tampa will be even better than last year.

Or even if Edmonton will be consistent at a successful level or just drop off like usual. Same goes for the Leafs.

I simply cannot wait for Canucks hockey to come back. I don't expect them to go far or anything, but they will probably make the playoffs at least. Lots of new faces, with Miller, Bonino, Sbisa, Vey, Dorsett, and Vrbata joining.

Wait, your a Canucks fan? Thats awesome, and yeah I have been watching a bunch of training camp videos and the team seems to be gelling nice. Bieksa and the Sedins are in great shape, I am looking forward to seeing how many young guns can make the roster. And Bonino-Kassian-Burrows line is a pretty solid second line if Bonino can grow and if Kassian can play like he was at the end of the season last year.

Wait, your a Canucks fan? Thats awesome, and yeah I have been watching a bunch of training camp videos and the team seems to be gelling nice. Bieksa and the Sedins are in great shape, I am looking forward to seeing how many young guns can make the roster. And Bonino-Kassian-Burrows line is a pretty solid second line if Bonino can grow and if Kassian can play like he was at the end of the season last year.

Yep! I was recruited from the Canucks forums. :P

Yeah, Burrows-Bonino-Kassian sounds like it should be a solid line. I don't think Burrows could have any worse luck at missing nets than he did last season. Plus without Torts and adding Desjardins, it should be better for everyone.

Desjardins from all the videos I've seen seems like he could get the best out of everyone. That video of Linden and Desjardins talking to all of the Canucks guys was pretty motivating. Should be an exciting time next season.

Sedins probably can't get any worse either. I expect them to do a lot better, and Vrbata will be a true RW on their line.

If Vrbrata can provide a 30 goal season, that signing will be a great one. He will probably get more with the Sedins but yeah, last seasons was an absolute disaster and with all the youth the Canucks have and Desjardins really looks like a good coach. Almost instantly after being hired he was in talking to guys and going to prospects games/camps and was doing stuff Torts wasnt. Plus he has said some good things so far and really looks like he could bring some hype back to Vancouver.

I really think the Canucks are going to be an underdog team this season, but honestly with a solid defensive core, an  elite goalie and a pretty good core of offensive guys the Canucks could certainly make the playoffs.

If Vrbrata can provide a 30 goal season, that signing will be a great one. He will probably get more with the Sedins but yeah, last seasons was an absolute disaster and with all the youth the Canucks have and Desjardins really looks like a good coach. Almost instantly after being hired he was in talking to guys and going to prospects games/camps and was doing stuff Torts wasnt. Plus he has said some good things so far and really looks like he could bring some hype back to Vancouver.

I really think the Canucks are going to be an underdog team this season, but honestly with a solid defensive core, an  elite goalie and a pretty good core of offensive guys the Canucks could certainly make the playoffs.

Yeah, Desjardins truly is doing what Tortorella wasn't. I never realized until it was all released what kind of a coach Torts was. I always knew he was hard, but I never knew how much he wasn't doing.