VHL Trivia

scoop

I'm going to start this thread with a question. When someone gets it correct, someone else (or myself again) can ask a question to keep the thread going. Or we can let it die, I don't care.

Which VHL player had the longest wait after retirement to get into the Hall of Fame?

This is now a signup thread.

Since I like trivia, I am thinking about starting a VHL trivia podcast series. Before I start creating a question bank, I'd like to see if there is interest. So if you might like to be a contestant, let me know. And if you're a newer member who is interested but wouldn't know much of anything from before S30 or whenever, I would likely allow you to request that I only use questions from when you joined and beyond. As for the format of the game, I haven't decided yet, but I don't think that it will a competition like the one time in the past that I had a trivia podcast. Rather, it'll just be one person (maybe a team of two) being asked questions. But right now I'm more concerned with gauging the interest than any of that, so let me know if you would like to see it happen.

Edited by Hustles

Anyone can ask a question, and we could have several ongoing questions, it really doesn't matter. I just like trivia so I started this thread and it would be neat if other people were into it. For now, I'll  stick to Hall of  Fame stuff because I'm doing some research.

Who was the only player to be inducted into the Hall of Fame by himself? (ie there was no other player inducted into the Hall of Fame that season)

who was the best gm in vhl  history ps its tyler

Scott Boulet, is the proper answer.

Name the Hebrew Hammers full player names?

Since I like trivia, I am thinking about starting a VHL trivia podcast series. Before I start creating a question bank, I'd like to see if there is interest. So if you might like to be a contestant, let me know. And if you're a newer member who is interested but wouldn't know much of anything from before S30 or whenever, I would likely allow you to request that I only use questions from when you joined and beyond. As for the format of the game, I haven't decided yet, but I don't think that it will a competition like the one time in the past that I had a trivia podcast. Rather, it'll just be one person (maybe a team of two) being asked questions. But right now I'm more concerned with gauging the interest than any of that, so let me know if you would like to see it happen.

Since going affiliate-free prior to S20, the VHLM has only had four GMs lead their teams to multiple cups. How many can you name? Bonus points if you can give me the ones who have three (hint: they're also the only ones with back to back).

Edited by diamond_ace

If an ego needs to be stroked, how many Founder's Cup does it take to stroke it?

I'm one of the answers to the lesser part of the question, but if anything, it demotes my ego knowing that there are now two out there with more.

Just a thought:

what if we had a weekly trivia question worth 1 TPE or something? It would be a good way for people to learn the history of the VHL, get involved on a weekly basis, and earn a small TPE award.

Since going affiliate-free prior to S20, the VHLM has only had four GMs lead their teams to multiple cups. How many can you name? Bonus points if you can give me the ones who have three (hint: they're also the only ones with back to back).

Coach and Flyersfan with three, STZ as the other with two (along with you). Not certain on STZ, but I believe Coach and Flyersfan are correct.

Edited by Hustles

Me, particularly if it happens this summer yet

Coach and Flyersfan with three, STZ as the other with two (along with you). Not certain on STZ, but I believe Coach and Flyersfan are correct.

Eaglesfan, not Flyersfan, although Flyersfan has one. This is not the Gow you're looking for. Otherwise, correct.

Edited by diamond_ace

Eaglesfan, not Flyersfan, although Flyersfan has one. This is not the Gow you're looking for. Otherwise, correct.

Yeah, bleh.

Also, I guess weekly trivia will be off (in part because I've purchased upgraded pension so my point tasks can only get me an additional point), but I may try to set up a VHL Jeopardy of sorts that I might run a couple times.